TCS iON Digital Campus
Bulk Award Semester mapping is now easier
Description: Using this functionality, a user can map ESM at applicable batch-sessions in one go for an Award Semester. The user has to map the Exam tree and Exam ESM at Subject Group header level and Subject ESM at Subject group detail level. The Program Semester to Subject Group Mapping TFFP template has to be mapped as Subject Group to Regulation Master, Award, Program and Semester level. On Saving the Academic Template to Program Semester, the mapping system will fetch the subject group at Program Semester level and will map the Subject group header and details at the Academic template level. A daily ETL scheduler will map the Exam Tree and Exam ESM at Batch session level the same night. Existing ETL will map the Subject ESM mapped at Academic template subject group detail level at batch session subject level. Synchronize ESM screen will be used to finally sync all the configurations at the Batch Session level.
- Go to Digital Campus–> Exam and Grading–>Settings
- Create Exam ESM, Subject ESM, and Exam Tree
- Go to Digital Campus–> Time Table->Settings->Subject Group–>Map Exam Tree and Exam ESM at Subject Group header level
- Go to Digital Campus–> Time Table->Settings->Subject Group–>Subject ESM at Subject group detail level
- Go to Web installer–> Program Semester to Subject Group Mapping TFFP template–>map Subject Group to Regulation Master, Award, Program and Semester level and save
- On saving of Academic Template to Program Semester, a mapping system will fetch the subject group mapped at Program Semester level and will map the Subject group header and details at the Academic template level.
- An ETL scheduler will map the Exam Tree and Exam ESM at Batch session level the same night. An existing ETL will map the Subject ESM mapped at Academic template subject group detail level at batch session subject level.
- Go to Digital Campus–> Exam and Grading–> Settings–>Sync ESM screen–>Sync ESM and Exam Tree
- ESM can be mapped in bulk in one go for an Award Semester.
- Manual Effort will be reduced largely.
Get a quick view on exam tree with subject wise
Using this functionality, a user can define exam tree subjectwise for a Site, Batch and Session. In this tree definition for the subject, the user can define the Non-Consolidated Grading Scheme, Maximum Marks for that subject, and also the selected Exam Type is of capture node or a calculated node. This configuration needs to be defined for all the exam types where the subject is associated.
- Go to Configure Exam Tree for the Subject screen.
- Select Site, Batch and Session, the subject for which the tree has to be configured and click on search.
- Select any one row (subject row) for which tree has to be configured.
- Create rows for exam types and map the Non-Consolidated grading scheme, assign maximum marks to capture the flag as per the requirement.
- Save the records and an exam tree for the selected subject will be created.
- An Exam Tree can be defined subject wise as per specific requirement of some customers.
Manage Time and Attendance process efficiently
Description: Introducing a new feature, site wise attendance marking for the student. Earlier the parameter was ‘organization’ specific, now it is ‘site specific’. Based on the hardware device configured in the site (single swipe, swipe in/out etc), attendance can be calculated w.r.t specific site tagged to the student.
The attendance parameter configuration can be done at the site level than organization level. This makes the Time and Attendance process more efficient.
Faster view on employee performance by CSR activity
Description: Introducing a new entity type, CSR Activity in transaction history of Employee Management module wherein the CSR Activity performed by the employee can be viewed. The user/employee can fill in the required data through an Intelligent Data Form which will be available once the user logs in. In addition to that, Reports are also made available for the same. The Intelligent Data Form can be configured at the customer’s level.
Key benefits: The CSR Activity performed by the employees can now be viewed in application benefitting from sustainable development and better brand recognition.
TCS iON Digital Learning
Get 100% enhancement on completion of Mandatory nodes
Description: In iON Digital Learning solution, an enhancement is introduced in grading functionality wherein Course completion meter will increase to 100% on completion of Mandatory nodes if and only if the grading in the Course is based on mandatory nodes.
- Initially, the user had to complete all nodes irrespective of the TOC nodes being selected as Mandatory to make the completion meter reach 100%.
- As per this implemented CR, the participant will have to complete only mandatory nodes marked with ‘*’ in the Content player and the Course meter will reach 100%.
- To select this newly added feature of the mandatory unit process, the admin has to first map at least one unit as mandatory.
- Unscheduled/Inactive nodes cannot be made Mandatory in Course
Key benefits: Participants can complete only the mandatory units to achieve 100% on course.
Highlights of the month:-
- Sub Division of Capacity – Student Selected Timetable
Description: We have introduced a new feature where a user can define the different capacity for elective courses for different Student Timetable Group or Sections. The user will be able to define the overall capacity of any elective courses then they can further divide total capacity into smaller section but the sum of sub-divided capacity should be same as of total capacity of particular course.
- Go to Digital Campus → Timetable Settings → Create Student Timetable Template.
- Download Timetable Template, enter the details and Upload it.
- Download Load Capacity TFFP; enter the details of a distinct combination of Subject, Faculty and Group mapped in the Timetable Template.
- Now, if the user wants to divide the overall capacity in lower level further then define ‘Y’ to subdivide capacity and select the level from the drop-down in next column ‘Subdivide Capacity Level’.
- Save and Upload it.
- Download Subdivision Capacity Template from iON Web Installer from the following the path:
- Go to iON Web Installer → Load CMS Data → Timetable Section → Subdivision Capacity Template.
- It will bring the details of the subject, faculty, and group for whom subdivide capacity is ‘Y’.
- Define the Capacity along with Student Timetable Group Code for the particular elective course.
- The user will be able to define the different capacity of electives courses for different Student Timetable Group.
- This will help the user to offer different cap for elective courses for different classes.
- Currently, a subdivision of capacity has been offered at Student Timetable Group level only.
2. The scope of Registration Status in Student Timetable Header
Description: We have provided the feature to define the registration in the scope of Student Timetable Header itself. Now onwards, the user has to define the registration status in the scope of Student Timetable Template Header instead of defining registration status in Manage timetable Screen.
- Go to Digital Campus –> Timetable Settings –> Student Timetable Template
- Search and Select the appropriate Header.
- Edit it and define the different registration configuration for different registrations batch-session.
- The user can also define registration configuration for every registration batch-session at the time of defining scope in Student Timetable Template Header.
- Configuration logic:
- If the opening and closing date are entered: Registration remains ‘Open’ for the student if current date lies in between opening and closing date, else it will be closed irrespective of registration status.
- If only the opening date entered: Registration will open after the opening date.
- If only closing date entered: Registration will close after closing date whereas remaining open before the closing date.
- NOTE: In all the above cases registration status will have no role.
- If NO dates are entered: Student registration will read as per registration status present in the scope
- This will allow the user to define different configuration/date of registration for different registration batch-session.
- This functionality will benefit in the case of future semester subject registrations.
- Now, if the user only wants to open registration for the particular semester but remain close for others semester and vice-versa.
- It will also save the time and effort of the user while navigating multiple screens.
3. Parent-Child Room Concept in Timetable
Description: We have provided the feature to define the Parent Room in Room Master. It will allow the user to use merge multiple rooms as single which can be used in room mapping at timetable slots.
- Go to Digital Campus –> Timetable Settings –> Room Type.
- The user will create the different room type to distinguish between child and parent room like Lecture and Merged Lecture Type.
- Generate Room with each room types.
- Map the Parent Room in their child room master.
- Forex. Room1 is parent room with room type as ‘Merged Lecture’ where Room1A and Room1B are child room with room type as ‘Lecture Room’. Room1 should map as Parent Room in both these rooms.
- The logic for Room Concurrency:
- Case A: Checking Room Concurrency of Parent Rooms.
- Always check for Parent Room as well as all child rooms concurrency while scheduling parent rooms in any slot.
- Case B: Checking Room Concurrency of Child Rooms.
- Always check for Parent Room as well as only the particular child room concurrency while scheduling respective child room in any slot.
- Refer below example for better clarity:
- Now, if the user wants to schedule classes in “Room 1” i.e. Parent Room then the system should check for concurrency of all three rooms Room1, Room 1A, and Room 1B. Since Room 1A and Room 1B are derived from Room1 only. (Concurrency of Parent Room as well as its Child rooms)
- Whereas while scheduling classes in “Room1A” i.e. Child Room then the system should only check for concurrency of Room1 and Room1A only. Since there is no direct relation between Room1A and Room1B. (Concurrency of Parent Room and particular Child Room only)
- This will allow the user to merge multiple rooms as Single Room.
- This functionality will benefit in the case of merge rooms where multiple rooms are combined together as one for scheduling class of larger strength.
- Now, if the user wants to use single rooms as two separate rooms by using some partition for proper utilization of space then the user can define child rooms of a particular parent room.
4. iDC invoice document sequence integration with MFG
Description: A flag has been provided in ‘Fee > Setting > Default Setup > Use document sequence for invoices’ which will enable users to generate invoices with customized invoice document sequence as defined in Manufacturing solution. In case this is not defined, the earlier logic of default invoice sequence generation as ‘EDU-XXXXXX’ will be followed.
- Go to Fee > Setting Default Setup and enable flag for ‘Use document sequence for invoices’ to enable invoice document sequence configured in MFG. In case this is not enabled earlier approach of invoice creation will be followed EDU-XXXXXX format.
- Go to Manufacturing > Masters > Transaction Categories and create transaction categories as per requirement. Transaction category code and description must be as below-
- a) TAXABLE – will be considered if any one of the feed head is of type taxable.
- b) NON TAXABLE – will be considered if all fee heads are of type non-taxable.
- Go to Manufacturing > Masters > Document Sequence and define document sequence for Sales module with Sales invoice as a submodule, transaction categories as defined in Point 2 and site. If the flag in Point 1 is enabled then document sequence will be generated as per defined configuration. In addition, a validation will be provided during invoice generation in case Mfg configuration is not defined.
- Customers will be able to define customized invoice document sequence.
- Site wise dependent and independent invoice sequence can be achieved. In case the customer has different centers within a state i.e.: for Maharashtra- Mumbai, Pune, and Nagpur are three centers. Then we may have two cases for invoice generation.
2a) Invoice sequence must follow independent sequence i: e Mumbai, Pune, and Nagpur will have individual sequence logic. i:e if we have the first invoice created at all three locations then based upon configuration we may have invoices sequence as MUM/1, PUN/1, and NAG/1 (invoices to be unique across the center).
2b) Invoice sequence are dependent i:e if we have the first invoice created at all three locations then based upon configuration we may have invoices sequence as MUM/1 for Mumbai, MUM/2 for Pune and MUM/3 for Nagpur. Here we will define configuration for all three sites, and map parent site as Mumbai in document sequence defined for Pune and Nagpur.
- Defined setup will work for both fee and fine invoicing.
- Invoices create form iDC and Mfg directly will follow the same document sequence as defined.
5. Faculty indication in Member Widget
Description: A new icon (F) is introduced for faculty in member widget when live chat is enabled for the organization. Users can identify their faculty for that course batch and can connect with him. Initially, the only icon of administrator and moderator were visible in member widget. However, faculty status will be shown as online/offline.
Key benefits: Users can find faculty details for the course from member widget.