TCS iON Digital Assessment
Candidate’s feedback option on questions are now enabled
Feature: Introducing Question Wise Feedback / Objection
Description: With this release, the candidate can provide the feedback/raise objection against each of the questions in the assessment. The candidate will be provided with the facility to select the concerned option from the drop down for the required set of questions. The candidate can provide this during the assessment in the assessment console.
For example, in an assessment, in Group 1, for question 4, the candidate feels that the question content is not proper and for question 10, it is not related to the syllabus. In such cases, the candidates can provide the feedback/raise objection against the concerned questions by selecting the required option.
- Enable the candidates to raise their concern question wise, wherever applicable
- Overall report about the objection raised by the candidates in the assessment is available for the administrators
Administrators can access a detailed report concerning candidate questions
Features : Restore Candidate Registration Details During Drive Re-Download
Description: IT Manager downloads the drive at a stipulated time for the assessment and the candidate registration including Photo and Biometric happens on the day of the assessment.
There might be a possibility to re-download the drive because of following reasons:
- Changes in Assessment/ Drive configuration
- Issues in Assessment Server
- Other operational issues
During drive download, Operations team has to perform set of critical activities which include redo the overall registration process OR to skip the registration process and carry out the assessment without candidate registration data.
Both Re-do and Skipping of the registration process are tedious for the operations team. To handle these situations effectively, a new capability has been introduced to retain the registration data for multi-exam
This will help operations team to do the registration process as usual and in case of any failure, the same registration data can be obtained and the assessment can be conducted seamlessly.
In Normal scenario when drive is “Restored” both application and registration data will be restored / retained. Below are scenarios resulting in re-download of drive because registration data will be erased resulting in re-registration process to capture candidate biometrics:
- Conducting the parallel exam with multi exam or parallel exam permission from ADC (Either on same or different server)
- Re-downloading drive due to configuration changes (Either on same or different server)
Key benefits: Conduct assessment seamlessly by restoring the candidate data even in case of any system failures
Highlights of the month:
Feature: Introducing Rich Text Editor For Short Answer Type Questions
Description: With this release, the candidates can be enabled to enter their responses for the Short Answer type of questions using the Rich text editor as well. The rich text editor enables the candidates to format their responses like Bold, Italic, text alignment, insertion of special characters, symbols etc.
Enabling the rich text editor in candidate console is the configurable parameter and has to be configured at the question level while creating the questions in CAE.
Rich text configuration is applicable only for the Short Answer type questions where evaluation is not required by the system.
The responses given by the candidates will be evaluated through Marker Hub and will be available in the QP HTML as well for the candidates
- Flexibility for candidates to format the text like bold, italic etc.
- View the rich text response by candidates in QPHTML.
- Better view for the markers in Marker Hub to evaluate the rich text responses.
- Feature: Logging Incident For Change In Candidate System
Description: On the day of the assessment, the candidate systems are launched with the launcher using the details of the candidates. The candidates subsequently undergo the process of registration and take the assessment in the mapped system.
There are chances for the candidates to take the assessment from the system other than that of the mapped system. Following might be the reasons:
- Candidate can change the system by forcefully closing the launcher and can take the assessment from the different system which is the malpractice. In this case, an incident will be raised and the test center will be on hold as the candidate has taken the assessment from the different system.
- The IT Manager can change the candidate system due to various reasons like the system crash, network issues etc… with the appropriate comments. In this case, the incident will be raised and the on hold policy will not be applied.
- Better tractability for the administrator to trace the candidates whose machines are changed for the assessment.
- Eliminate the chances of malpractices by the candidates by changing the system forcefully.
- Feature: Usage Of Special Characters In The Subject Names
Description: With this release, following special characters can be used in the subject names. Earlier, they were restricted.
1. Ampersand (&)
2. Colon (:)
3. Hyphen (-)
4. Comma (,)
Rest of the special characters will not be allowed.
- Flexibility for the users to include the special characters as required in the subject names.
- Following are sample subjects that can be created: E-Commerce, Linear & Digital Circuits etc.
- Feature: Viewing The Subject In Alphabetical Order
Description: With this release, the list of subjects in all the drop down across the CAE screens and the Excel templates will be shown in the alphabetical order.
- Enable the users to search for the required subjects easier and faster.
- Feature: Enhancements In Question Paper Preview Screen
Description: With this release, following details will be shown in the Question Paper Preview screen:
1. The Question id of all the questions in the Question Paper. (Applicable for Paper Pencil and OMR type Assessments, Already available for Digital Assessment QPs)
2. The Template id and name from which the Question Paper is created. (Applicable for Paper Pencil and OMR type Assessments. Will be implemented in upcoming release for Digital Assessment QPs)
- Easy identification of questions with the question ids displayed in QP preview screen
- Identify the template from the which the QP is created.
- Feature: Edit The Paper Pencil Assessment Qps Same As That Of Digital Assessment Type Qps
Description: With this release, the user can edit the Paper Pencil Assessment type QPs similar to the Digital Assessment type question papers. The user can edit the question contents with the edit option from QP Management screen directly. Earlier, the system was redirecting to the process of QP creation
Key benefits: Edit the question contents of offline QPs directly from the QP Management screen
- Feature: Renaming The Label “How To Solve”/“Grading Scheme”
Description: In Question Management, in Tab2, the label “How to Solve”/”Grading Scheme” is now renamed as “Hint”. This is applicable across all the question types in both the front end as well as the excel templates.
Key benefits: This Label change is made for the better understanding of the users.
- Feature: Help On Question Excel Upload
Description: User can now download the help with the details of all the columns in the Question upload Excel. The excel help explains about the details of question type wise mandatory and non-mandatory columns for both the configuration details and the language sheets.
Key benefits: Enable the users to understand in detail about the mandatory and optional fields and the dependent attributes.
- Feature: Visibility Of Save, Preview And Cancel Button In Question Management Screen
Description: With this release, in Question Management screen, the Save, Preview Question and Cancel button will be visible across all the tabs. This is applicable while creating any type of questions.
Earlier, it is mandatory for the user to navigate to the last tab to save or preview the question. Rest of the functionalities remain as it is.
Key benefits: Flexibility to the user to save the question at any time while working on any of the screens.
- Feature: Access For The Creator And Reviewer To Tag Question Status
For Question Creator:
In Question Management screen, while creating the question, the creator will now have access to tag the questions as New / Draft/ Complete only.
In addition, the creator can also view the questions that are in “Send Back” status.
Once the question creator creates a question, the question will be saved with the status ‘New’. The creator has to change the status to “Complete” for the view by the reviewer.
In addition, the creator can also tag the questions to “Draft” status in the interim, which is optional.
If the reviewer has sent back the question, then the creator can view the questions with the status “Send Back”. Creator can now make the necessary changes and change the status of the questions to “Complete”. Creator can also tag the questions to “Draft” if required.
For Question Reviewer:
In Question Management screen, while reviewing the question, the reviewer can view the questions that are with the status “Complete” only. The reviewer can change the status of the question to any of the following:
Review, Send back, seal, unseal, retire, reject.
Only the questions that are tagged as “Send Back” will be sent to creator to make the changes. Rest of the all the status will be available only for the reviewer. The status “Review” can be used optionally by the reviewer which is similar to the status “Draft” for the creator.
• Privileged access to the users to ensure that the questions are not tagged to the unintended status.
• Easy view of questions by the creator and reviewer to work upon.
- Feature: Enhancements In Media Search
Description: Following are the two search fields introduced in the Media Management screen to enhance the media search.
- Description Name
- Select Users
The media can be searched with the description name to which it is tagged. The search can also be done by entering the description name partially.
In addition, the user can also search the media that are uploaded by the other users. The access to search the media uploaded by the other users is restricted only to the users who are tagged as the Subject Administrators. By default, the media uploaded by the current logged in user will be searched. The user can select the user as required and can do the search.
- Enable the Subject Administrators to search the media uploaded by other users.
- Partial search of media using the description makes the process of search faster.
- Feature: Miscellaneous Enhancements
Restriction to delete the QP Bundle:
With this release, the user cannot delete the Question Paper Bundle, once the bundle is downloaded.
Restriction to delete the Media:
The user cannot update/overwrite the media, once the media is used in a sealed Question Paper
Key benefits: Enhanced security to avoid unwanted deletion