TCS iON Digital Campus
Get the accurate promotion eligibility list of the students
Introducing new Promotion Eligibility flags in the Award Semester Mapping screen sub-tab. With these flags, the students of a session can be promoted to a Session Group Master (SGM) defined in the Semester Configuration tab under Award Semester Mapping screen. If the Eligibility is as Required Promotion then, the Eligibility Required flag needs to be selected.
- With these new flags, you can define the number of allowed backlogs till a semester, for promotion to the next semester.
- Ineligible students will not be promoted to the next session in any case.
Using this Feature:
- Go to iDC >> Exam and Grading >> Settings >> Award.
Flags and their meaning:
- Eligibility Required: Whether eligibility is required for the promotion or not.
- Lateral Flag: The eligibility required for lateral students.
- Max Lateral Backlog: The maximum number of backlog allowed for the promotion, in case of lateral students.
- Till Semester: The semester to which a student promotion eligibility has to be checked.
- Max Till Semester Backlog: The maximum number of backlogs allowed for promotion till a particular semester.
- In Semester: The semester in which the allowed number of backlogs for promotion has to be defined.
Enrollment to any Future Semester Subject is now empowered
Introducing the Future Semester Subject Enrolment template. In this template, the subjects of the higher semester can be enrolled as Predo Subjects. With this implementation, a student can be enrolled in a subject for the future semester.
- Students can be enrolled in any future semester subjects.
- Students will be able to control their academic enrolments based on their capabilities.
Using this Feature:
- Login to WebInstaller.
- Go to Exam and Grading >>Future Semester Enrollment Template.
- Download the blank template.
- Specify the fields Subject Session Code, Registration number, Subject Code and Is Force Enrollment.
- Click Save and Upload.
A quick view on the count of available and total holdings for the catalogue
Earlier, the list of catalogues was displayed in the search listing, no details related to the holding were being displayed. Now, the count of the total holdings and the available holdings will be displayed library wise upon clicking the Holding Count button for a catalogue in the search listing.
Key benefits: The count of available and total holdings for the catalog present in the Library OPAC
TCS iON Digital Learning
Get the direct ‘Unsubscribe’ mail option in any community
Feature: User will get an option to ‘Unsubscribe’ from mail notification for a particular use case.
Description: There are two UCP Channel Configuration screens.
- Admin UCP Channel Configuration
- User UCP Channel Configuration
The Admin UCP Channel Configuration screen is managed by the Org Administrator and the User UCP Channel Configuration screen is the one provided to every user. If the Org admin selects any use case for the user’s configuration, then the user can view that use case in their UCP Configuration screen and can uncheck the mail for any community for the provided use case.
For example, if the admin selects the user’s configuration for ‘Blog has been posted’, then, this use case will be provided to all the users under UCP Configuration screen and they can now switch off the mail for the blogs for any community. This is the current functionality.
The navigation path through the mails for leveraging this functionality is provided.
With this functionality, if the admin has provided the users’ configuration for any use case, then, the recipient user receiving that mail will be provided an Unsubscribe link in the mail. Upon clicking the unsubscribe link, the user can navigate to User UCP Configuration screen (upon login) and can uncheck the mail for any community for the provided use case.
Key Benefits: You can directly unsubscribe the mail for any use case in any community.
Highlights of the month:
Program Wise Roll Number Generation in Bulk
Introducing the Bulk Roll Number Generation screen. In this screen, you can select the flag Program to Pattern Mapping in Roll Number Configuration screen.
Now, it is not required to map the Roll Number Pattern in Academic Template. You can map one Roll Number pattern to multiple programs as well.
The Roll Number Type, Award Name, Pattern Group, and Order By are the mandatory fields. The Site field has been made optional now.
- This approach reduces the effort earlier required for multiple configurations.
Using the Feature:
- Go to Student >> Settings >> Roll Number Pattern.
Select the checkbox Enable Program Wise Mapping in Roll Number Pattern.
- Click Save.
With above checkbox ticked and on saving the new Roll Number Pattern, a new sub-tab Program to Pattern Mapping opens.
There are two fields Program Name and Award in the sub-tab Program to Pattern Mapping. The new Applicability Type will be mapped to the multiple programs in the new sub-tab and the roll number will be generated for those programs’ applicant/student based on the Applicability Type selected.
- With the new approach, the Roll Number Pattern (RNP) generated will not be mapped and it is not required to be mapped in the academic template as well.
- If the above check box is selected, only then the new Applicability Types (Described in Sprint 5) will be visible in Applicability Type column.
- With different Roll Number Pattern (Header screen), the same programs cannot be mapped.
- If the programs are mapped in the Program to Pattern Mapping sub-tab initially and later the user unchecks that checkbox and attempts to save the Roll Number Pattern (RNP), then it will display an alert to remove the programs mapped in the new sub-tab.
- The new approach will not be applicable for the key types Specified Value, Manual Entry and Sequence by Range.
- To generate the roll number in bulk,
- Go to Program Wise Roll Number Generation
- Select Roll Number Type, Award and the Pattern Group.
Addition of Feedback Scope in Design Feedback Screen
Introducing the Feedback Scope button in the Design Feedback screen, under the Feedback Scheduling sub-tab. Here, you can define either the Site, Batch, Session or the Student Group. This feature is available only for the subject’s Faculty Feedback.
- Once the scope is defined, you can send the Feedback to all the students mapped to the Site, Batch and Session or, to the Student Group using the Send Feedback button.
- You can view the status from the View Mail Status screen.
Using The Feature:
- Go to Digital Campus >> Design Feedback >> Feedback Scheduling.
- Create a feedback Window and define the Scope in the Feedback Scope.
- Define either the Site, Batch, Session or the Student Group under the Feedback Score
- Click Send Feedback button to send the feedback to all the students as per the feedback score directly.
Send Student ID Card Automatically During Final Admission
Now, the student I-Card or similar letters will be sent via email to the students, after the admin clicks the Final Admission button in the Admission workflow. This option is available at the Final Admission step only.
- This approach will reduce the effort to distribute the Student I-Card separately after the final admission.
- The letters can be sent to the student email ID‘s automatically at the Final Admission step of the Admission Cycle.
- Students can download the letter from the attachment and take a print as required.
Using the Feature:
- Go to Admission >> Settings >> Admission Process >> Workflow Letter Configuration.
- Select the flag Send Letter to Email Id and the Workflow Level as Final Admission.
- Select the Required Letter to be sent to students.
- Click Save.
At the Final Admission Step, the above letter configured will be sent to the student‘s email Id.
Note: Configure a UCP event to send the emails to the students.
Display of Title No of Catalogue in Search Listing of OPAC
Description: The Title No. of the catalogue will be displayed in the search listing. This attribute will be displayed in the listing of all types of search in OPAC. For example, the Basic Search, Advanced Search, ISBN Search and New Arrivals.
Key benefits: The Title Call No. attribute will be displayed as well along with other catalogue attributes.
Miscellaneous Changes and Enhancements
Edit Timetable Notification.
Functionality: Now, you can send the notifications to the students for every edit period in their time-table. You can create an event in the Unified Collaboration Platform (UCP) solution to send these notifications. The student will be notified by the Email or SMS or iON Inbox as per the configuration in the Unified Collaboration Platform (UCP) solution.
Mark Daywise Template.
Functionality: Introducing the Mark Day wise Template for Bulk Attendance Marking in Day wise Attendance screen. Currently, it is only applicable for the faculties from Self Service. You can click Bulk Mark icon provided in the screen, which directs you to the iON WebInstaller. To download the Mark Day wise Template, enter the date and download it. To upload, enter the attendance details in the template and upload it.
Note: The solution excel for bulk attendance marking will be retired by 25 May, 2018.
Approvers for Leave Requests.
Functionality: Introducing a feature where students can view the list of their leave approvers at different levels. With this functionality, the students may contact the approvers for the approval of their leave requests.
Student Group tab in Student 360 degree.
Functionality: Enhancing the Student Group tab in Student 360 Degree screen. Now, the student will be able to know the details of the person who has mapped them in the group along with the applicable dates.
Leave Worklist in mTop
Functionality: Enhancements in Student Leave Worklist in mTop. Now, you will be able to know the total number of leave applied for, total leave approved and total pending leave of the student. This will be beneficial for you to make the necessary decision for every leave request raised by the student.
GDPR changes in ODR
Functionality: Introducing an icon for the fields to identify the personal data of the end-user such as the Student Details Category and the Faculty Details Category. It provides the information and differentiates the personal data in the ODRs.
Enhancement in New UI of Attendance Marking
Functionality: Introducing the functionality of consecutive period attendance marking in the new UI of Mark Attendance (Period wise). This helps the user to mark the attendance of the consecutive period at once.
Exam and Grading:
Previous Session Enrollment screen
Functionality: This is for non-university customers with a check that if any process score is present for the higher semesters then it will not allow the enrolment. You must first delete the process score of the higher semester to proceed for the enrolment.
Automatic enrollment of mandatory subjects
Functionality: Now, the mandatory subjects defined in the subject group will be automatically enrolled at the time of the admission in the admitted session through a Custom ODR Hook. Thereafter, the mandatory subjects for the subsequent sessions will also be enrolled automatically on the promotion of the student to the next session via the same Custom ODR Hook.