TCS iON Digital Campus
Maintaining the bulk transactions are now simpler
Introducing a new Extract Transform Load(ETL) to populate lot numbers in enrollment Session Group Master(SGM) wise facts with a limit of 500 Students for a particular lot. This ETL counts the number of students for every distinct SGM, Subject session master, site and study centre.
There are 1150 students for SGM (Apr_May 2018), Subject session master (Semester 1), site ( site 1) and study centre ( study centre 1), then the lot is assigned in the following manner:-
- a) Lot number 2 is assigned to the first 500 students
- b) Lot number 3 is assigned to the next 500 students
- c) Lot number 4 is assigned to the remaining 150 students
Subsequently, for the same granularity if a new student gets enrolled, then lot 3 is assigned until the capacity reaches 500. If capacity surpasses 500 again, a new lot number 4 is created and assigned to the students.
- If the data set is heavy, then lot number concept is beneficial for the bulk transaction like regular/backlog processing, report card generation. Starting this release, requests are broken into the site, lot number which will make the overall transaction lighter.
Easy view on daily attendance for the students
We are introducing new UI of View Period wise Attendance for Mobile Application. This will provide better usability for a user by covering more use cases.
- With the implementation of this feature, there won‘t be multiple use cases of Summary and Detailed view of Attendance.
- Moreover, a New UI also covers more use cases such as Month wise Attendance of Subject or Subject-Activity.
- Students will be able to view the daily attendance.
- Better Usability and User-friendly with a guided flow.
Using the Feature:
A user can use this feature from the following path:
- Go to the Admin Panel –> mTop –> User group Access Mapping à Assign use case of View Period wise Attendance.
- The student will be able to view period wise attendance use cases from their mobile app.
- It is only applicable for Students and Parents.
- Please find the screenshot in next slide
TCS iON Digital Assessment
Know the time remaining for the login with timer alert
Feature: Enhancements in Candidate Console
Description: Following are the enhancements to the Candidate Console in addition to the existing capabilities.
- Remaining Login Time Alert: A timer will be displayed on the login page to inform the candidates about the time remaining to login.
- Registration Photo of Candidate: The candidate photograph taken during registration will also be displayed in the login screen of the candidate console, in addition to the photograph in the application.
- Displays remaining login time on Candidate Console.
- Displays candidate registration photograph on Candidate Console.
Complete course easily on a mobile device
Feature: Introducing iLearn on Mobile
Description: Employees can access mTop to view or complete courses using the mobile phone.
As people might migrate from computer to mobile devices since the face of the internet is changing, this will increase customer engagement.
Tracking employees weekly off is now simpler
Description: Introducing provision for employees to now raise a request to change their Rest Day using a new screen called Raise Rest Day Change Application. While raising this request, an employee needs to select the Month and Date they wish to change their rest days. The system will show already tagged Rest days to them and they can select any day they wish to take the week off and submit the application. Upon submission, the application requires approval and once approved, the requested Rest days are tagged and updated for the mentioned dates. Until the application is finally approved or rejected, User will not be able to raise new application for the same dates.
Employees can now choose and select any day they wish to take the week off. Making the lives easier for employees in the workforce.
Highlights of the month
Capture Score New UI
New UI is designed to Capture the Score screen. A dashboard view has been provided to the user to show the capture score status. A new use case of date extension of the overdue task is added, where a user can raise a request for date extension for overdue tasks. This UI is more informative and intuitive to the user. On the landing screen, there will be a dashboard with Pending Tasks, Completed Exams and Overdue Tasks and Capture Score Statistics section. In the Pending Task section, all the records that are not captured or partially captured are displayed and the user can select a record and capture. In Completed Exams, all the exams that are completed are displayed. In overdue tasks section, all the records for which capturing window is closed are listed and the user can request for accessing those records. Capture Score Statistic section shows the Award, Semester, Exam wise captured, not captured and partially captured status.
- A user will be notified with the capture score status(list of pending tasks, completed exams.)
- The user will get the capture score statistics award, semester, and exam type wise completion status on the home screen.
Using the Feature:
Go to Digital Campus–>Exam and Grading–>Capture Regular/Backlog Marks (New UI)
Pending Task Section–>all the records that are not captured or partially captured are displayed and the user can select a record and capture.
Overdue Task Section–>all the exams for which capture window is closed.
Completed Exam Section–>all the records for which capturing window is closed are listed and the user can request for accessing those records.
Statistics Section–>shows the Award, Semester, Exam wise shortlisting, not captured and partially captured status.
Attendance Marking New UI
New UI has been designed for Attendance Marking in bulk screen. A dashboard view has been provided to the user to show the Attendance Marking status. A new use case of date extension of the overdue task is added where a user can raise a request for date extension for overdue tasks. This UI is more informative and intuitive to the user. On the landing screen there will be a dashboard with Today’s Exams, Pending Tasks, Completed Exams, Overdue Tasks and Capture Score Statistics section. In today’s exams section, all the exams that are going on today and attendance can be marked. In the Pending Task section, all the records for which the attendance is not marked or partially displayed, the user can select a record and mark the attendance. In overdue tasks section, all the records for which attendance marking window is closed are listed and the user can also request for accessing those records. Attendance Report section shows the completed, pending and overdue task status.
- The user will upfront get the Attendance marking status (list of pending tasks, overdue tasks)
- The user will get the Attendance Report on the home screen which will show the percentage of records in completed, pending and overdue state.
Using the Feature:
- Go to Digital Campus–>Exam and Grading–>Mark Absentee in Bulk (New UI).
- Today’s Exam Section–>List all the exams which are going on today and attendance can be marked.
- Pending Task Section–>all the records for which attendance is not marked or partially displayed and the user can select a record and mark attendance.
- Overdue Task Section–>all the records for which attendance marking window is closed are listed and the user can also request for accessing those records.
- Completed Exam Section–>all the exams which are completed are displayed
- Attendance Report Section–>shows the completed, pending and overdue task status.
Biometric integration for Hostel Attendance
As per the customer’s Requirement, we have provided biometric integration with the Hostel Attendance. Whenever a student swipes his/her card at the door, the entries will move to the SIMS table first and the manual trigger done at TCS iON Digital Campus will bring the Attendance records from SIMS to TSC iON Digital Campus. A new screen with the name as “Hostel Attendance Sync” has been created for the manual trigger where the user has to hit on the Mark Attendance button after which Attendance will be marked in TCS iON Digital Campus against slots. In case if a student did not swipe or forget to swipe the card, then they can inform the hostel warden/ admin for marking his/her attendance manually via mTOP/Webtop. In a case, if Student has taken Hostel leave for two days and he has applied Hostel Leave in the System then his absent/present status will be marked as per the Leave type selected.
- This implementation will ease the process of Hostel Attendance marking.
- The user will only have to click on the manual trigger, accordingly, attendance will be marked in TCS iON Digital Campus.
Using the feature:
- A sheet with the detail has Hostel name along with the id will be provided to the user.
- The user has to create Site with the Site code as” Hostel ID#HOS”, Hostel name under Site description and other details need to be filled in the SysAdmin.
- Whenever Student Swipes his/her card at the door, the entries will move to the SIMS table first and the manual trigger done at TCS iON Digital Campus will bring the Attendance records from SIMS to TCS iON Digital Campus.
- A new screen with the name as “Hostel Attendance Sync” is created for the manual trigger where the user has to click on the Mark Attendance button after which Attendance will be marked in TCS iON Digital Campus against slots.
- In this user has to select the Hostel and the from and to date and click on Mark Attendance button
- Users can be able to see the status of the process
As per the requirement, we have created a new type of feedback as “Exit Feedback“ where a feedback is to be taken only by Students at the end of the Semester. Students can only be able to submit their response once in an entire academic semester. We have provided a column named as “ PO code” in the Question template where Program objectives are to be mapped at question level while creating Questions. PO code will be available in the glossary and is non-mandatory.
We have provided a column for mapping SGM at Window level. Also, multiple rows will be allowed for the creation of windows but the same SGM cannot be mapped at the different window. Feedback will be sent to all those students who cleared and are selected.
- This type of feedback can only be taken by students who cleared the academic course.
- This type of feedback is taken for a program that is helpful in improving the Program for future batches.
Using the feature:
- Go to Digital campus–> feedback
- Click on design feedback, Create a Feedback for Type as Exit Feedback
- After creating a feedback, the user has to map the PO against the Questions after downloading the Excel
- Once the Questions are mapped, a user has to create the window.
- The user has to select SGM at the window level and click on save button.
- After saving the window detail, click on Send Feedback where the user has to define Site, Award, and session. If these filters are not selected then feedback will be sent to the students who cleared a particular SGM.
- The user will get a message as feedback is successfully sent.
Photo Capture Using Web Cam
We are going to introduce a new feature in iDC Student Module where the student will be able to capture their photo using Webcam which can be saved to their profile. Admin can also capture the students’ photographs using the webcam and save to the respective student’s profile.
- This approach will help in saving the time and cost of extra effort made to save the photo in the system and upload it manually for each student.
- This will also reduce the chances of a wrong photo upload as the Photographs are captured on the spot.
Using the Feature:
Follow the below steps to use the Webcam for capturing and saving student Photo:
- Go to the Digital Campus → Student → Student Details
- Search a Student and Click on Student Profile Button
- Click on Upload option at Student Photo icon.
- Click on Take Snapshot to Capture the Photo through WebCam and Click on Save.
We have introduced a new functionality named as ‘Additional Learning’
- With the introduction of this functionality, a user can schedule and conduct additional learning in an organization such as Guest Lecture, Seminar etc.
- The user will also able to define the Identified Gap in the curriculum for whom the activity is going to conduct.
- The user can be defined by the following types of activities:
Using the Feature:
- Additional Learning Master:-
- Go to Digital Campus > Timetable > Miscellaneous > Additional Learning.
- Select whether the activity is for any gap filing or curriculum.
- Define Activity Name and Type, Faculty In-Charge, Date, Time, Presenter, Venue and Applicability.
- Map required Program Outcome (Map PO) for activities.
- Define Scope for which program session students this activity is going to be conducted.
- Also, if required user may map faculties who are attending this session in the second tab.
- For Attendance Marking:-
- The user has to define a leave type for additional learning at the following path:
- Go to Digital Campus –> Timetable Settings –> Configure Default –> Leave tab.
- Once leave is defined at ‘Consider for Additional Learning’ only then the user will be allowed to mark the attendance.
Only Faculty In-charge and Admin will able to mark attendance for additional learning activities.
If slot and additional learning activity are applicable for students at the same time.
In such cases, if student marked as Present in additional learning activity then leave type which is mapped at default setup will flow for a student in their timetable slot attendance.
If the student is absent at additional learning activity then there is no impact in timetable slot.
If the student is on leave then leave is shown at both places timetable slot as well as additional learning.
Introducing a new feature called ‘Student Counselling‘. Currently, we are rolling out phase one where only an admin will have the rights to create and edit student counselling.
- We are offering new features where an Admin can raise counselling for Students.
- Counselling can be offered for Academics/Personal.
- It will help an organisation to maintain the better environment in the organisation by resolving various grievances of students.
Using the feature:
A user can use this feature from the following path:
- Go to Digital Campus–> Student –> Student Counselling.
- Create Student Counselling.
- Select Student, Counselling type, Faculty (who is going to provide counselling), Date and Status.
- For Academic Counselling: A user will have the option to select Subject which is not a mandatory process.
- Currently, it is applicable from Administrator. We may enhance this feature in the upcoming release.
Introducing Manual Punch under Raise On duty Application
Description: With this release, introducing Manual punch under Raise On duty Application. Suppose an employee has forgotten to punch or wishes to mark in and out punch manually, then he/she will have provision to raise On duty Application by selecting On duty type = Manual Punch. On selection of this On duty type, the system will enable a new field i.e. In/Out Punch. The employee can select any one value in this field and can fill the timings. If the user has selected IN PUNCH in this drop-down then they are allowed to fill the In Time-outs field will become Non-editable and vice versa.
Easing the complications for employees in case he/she forgot to punch.
Introducing Negative Leave balance
Description: With this release, introducing Negative leave balance concept in Leave module. “Allow negative leave balance” flag has been given under Leave Master. By default this flag is false. If admin checks this flag, then the negative balance is enabled for the organisation wrt that leave type.
With this feature, employees will be able to apply for leave even if the balance has been exhausted. The number of days will be considered as negative balance and once the leaves are credited to their account, the leave balance is settled. Now avail an absolute work-life balance.